So here we are, a day away from New Years Day, the winter solstice has shrouded us in her dark velvet arms and now the days are only going to get longer…..can you imagine that? Looking at the weather out there now that soon the nights will pull out and I can walk around at 5pm in the afternoon in daylight!
Imagine! Just imagine! Imagine what the future, what the New Year will bring!
If anybody had said that to me this time last year, or even six months ago I would have said “Not much!” How wrong I was!
If someone had said to me six months ago, you are going to start writing again Raych, you will wake up one morning and know what you want to be when you grow up, you are going to challenge yourself in new ways, you are going to find the very essence of you and it will be hard to face up to, but do it you must (say that last bit in a Yoda voice please! 😉 )
I look back over the last six months and marvel how far I have travelled and then I look forward and see how far I have to go, and it scares me.
1. January – gave notice that I would accept VSER from job
2. February – bellydance for a friend’s birthday
3. March – Baby brother turns 40!!!
4. April – who knows!
5. May – get served notice on house – cry – a lot!
6. June – frantic house hunting/wake up and decide I want to become a counsellor
7. July – leave the job I had being doing for the last 10 years
8. August – go on a DMT Course at Dance Voice/attend workshops with top Egyptian bellydance teachers/start writing
9. September – start my Counselling Course
Phew! No wonder, I am, at this moment exhausted, but ploughing on…..
For the last fortnight I’ve been hiding behind the excuse of Christmas and New Year for not writing or reading anything, for not thinking about my course, the essay I have to write, the job I need to find, the bills I have to pay and thinking about all that I have to do is slightly overwhelming and it’s ever so slightly making me doubt myself.
So, New Year, new start and in no particular order….
1. Be brave
2. Stand up for myself much more
3. Believe that I can do it
5. Start running again (when I say running, I mean a lollop)
6. Stop beating myself up about stuff
7. Trust my gut instinct more
8. Take opportunities only if they serve me
So putting this moment here, may the force be with you and all that, Happy New 2014!!
For me, I hope 2014 will be slightly more calmer than 2013…… But only slightly…. ;0)